Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Printer motor does not feed paper. Officejet Pro 8600. 1…

Printer motor does not...

Printer motor does not feed paper

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Officejet Pro 8600

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your OfficeJet?

1 day

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Not sure. I've just relocated residence. Working fine for 3 weeks. Light to moderate usage.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

All I can think of.

2/10/2018
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your printer question.

If the printer is of moderate age, not new, then you may need to clean the paper feed roller, if it is making noise as if it were trying to feed paper in but no paper is feeding in from the paper source or from the paper tray.

If the problem might possibly be owing to aging roller surfaces (for paper is fed into faxes and printers with rubber or plastic cylindrical rollers, that propel the sheet into or through the machine)... then you might need to clean the rollers in the problem area where feeding is not happening.

Remove all paper from the machine, unplug it, and open it so as to have access to the rollers in the problem area where feeding is not being done properly.
Take a clean high-quality lint-free rag cloth, moisten it with rubbing alcohol, and rub the rollers firmly all over their paper-contacting surfaces, three times over.

(If the rollers are hard to reach, there is another way to clean them... let me know if that is the case, and I will detail how to do the cleaning.)

Allow 5+ minutes for drying-off, then reload the paper, close up the machine where you opened it up, and then try again.

Thank you

I hope that helps.

Let me know how it goes, please.

Russell H., Printer and Office Tech