Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Error 1411. Never, I got rid of PC s and only have IPad now…

Customer Question
Yes Technician's Assistant: When...

Yes

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Never, I got rid of PC s and only have IPad now so I don’t have access to instructions on a floppy. How is update accomplished?

Technician's Assistant: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

My only problem is with replacing ink cartridges.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
2/6/2018
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 5 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

What are you suggesting for my error show??

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

Did as instructed. The error has changed to 1660, not recognizing the other 4 new, canon brand cartridges. These errors have been toggling back and forth for all the time I have been working on it.

How old is the printer?

2 1/2 years old

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one. You can purchase a new one for around $50-$60 at a local electronics store such as Best Buy.