Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

When i want to print something from the computer, the

Customer Question
When i want to...

When i want to print something from the computer, the computer formats the item and figures out how many pages are needed. i hit print and nothing happens

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Usb

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I dont know

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, i just want my printer back

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
2/6/2018
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily. Before we proceed with any troubleshooting, please once unplug your printer from the wall outlet wait for 2 minutes and plug it back in. Let me know when this is done

How about the computer you have is that Windows?
Kindly mention the model number of your printer.

i unplugged it for two minutes
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

i have windows 10 and my printer is a model xp-310
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Is the printer turned on?

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago