Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Epson WF-3640 is stuck in a loop that says it needs the A4…

Customer Question
Epson WF-3640 is stuck in...
Epson WF-3640 is stuck in a loop that says it needs the A4 paper to load. It keeps reprinting the same fax. I need to clear the fax que. I have been into the printer through the network ip address but there isn't a place to clear the que. I tried doing the rest to defaults but it won't do that with the rro messge
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
2/6/2018
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 5 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 5 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

You don't clear a queue for this sort of problem - you need to load Legal or A4 sized (large size) paper, so that one page of the incoming and stored-in-memory fax (which is a legal form or A4-sized form sheet, one page of it at least) can be printed out, thus purging the fax from memory.

This is the easiest way to deal with the problem by far. (Unless you don't have any legal size nor A4 size paper to load? let me know if that's the case.... there *might* be some other way past this problem if that's the case...)

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.