Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I just bought a Dell inspiron 15 5000 laptop computer. I am…

Customer Question
I just bought a...

I just bought a Dell inspiron 15 5000 laptop computer. I am trying to get my Canon Pixma iP4600 to work with it. I spoke to Canon and downloaded some software for it but it still is not recognizing the printer. My old computer was updated to WIndows 10 nd the new computer has Windows 10. As the printer is an excellent printer I would like to continue to use it. What do I need to do to make this happen?

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Inspiron? Have you installed any updates recently?

I have done whatever has been asked of me.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

The printer was working fine the last time i used it.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/6/2018
Technician: Sheri, Expert replied 6 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue.

Please try the following steps:

Restart the computer with the printer turned off. Once it is started, go to the search on the bottom left and type services. In services, locate print spooler. Stop it and then start it. Next, turn the printer on and wait until the computer detects it. Then do the following:
In the search on the bottom, type device manager and select device manager from the list that opens. Click the arrow next to Printers.
Right click on your printer and choose update driver. Then choose search automatically for updated driver software. Then, if presented, allow to search Windows Update. If a new driver is found in this process, allow it to update. Then test.
Please reply and let me know if that works for you or if you have any questions. Then we can go to the next step if needed.
Regards,
Sheri-Expert