Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It says error code 0x9A for epson wf-3620. I've restarted it…

It says error code...

It says error code 0x9A for epson wf-3620

Technician's Assistant: Is your WF-3620 displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

Yes i've restarted it several times but it keeps saying that after restart plus the ink cartridges I removed because had error message with that first

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Just recently

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that i know of

1/23/2018
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

It just started this last week shortly after updating Epson software. It didn't recognize the non-epson ink I had in it which had been working fine before. But I had seen message occur last year but then it reset after powering off and on.
Just wanted to know what to do about it? should I uninstall all Epson software and reinstall?

Ok - can you unplug the printer from the power supply while the printer is off and hold in the power button on it for 30 seconds.
Let me know done
Regards
Kris

ok done

OK great, has this helped?

I don't know the instructions didn't say to plug it back in? I have just unplugged and then held power button down for 30 seconds while unplugged.

Please do this, sorry.

Do what?

Plug it back in and tell me If this is working.

Are you aware of the costs of this service.

No, didn't help. Same error message

No thanks I don't want remote assistance.

OK do you want to continue with the deposit and base multiple charges?

No, I am not happy with the tech support. I will find help elsewhere
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Sure but I don't want to do remote assistance

How old is the printer?

I think 2 years or more

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one. You can purchase a new one for around $50-$60 at a local electronics store such as Best Buy.

Oh Ok thanks.

You're welcome -- I apologize that I had to deliver the bad news to you. Please understand that we do not like to deliver bad news because our rating on the site is based on the feedback of our customers so bad news situations are difficult to deal with. Thankfully, a large majority of our customers are understanding that we are just messengers in the situation and do not take it out on the rating system.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Harry, Engineer
Harry, Engineer