Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

Iam needing to add my canon ts6120 to this lap top? Dell. I

Iam needing to add my canon ts6120 to this lap top ?
JA: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?
Customer: dell
JA: How long has this been going on with your TS6120?
Customer: I HAVE HAD THE TS6120 IN MYWORK TRUCK AND IT IS BLUETOOTHED TO MYOFFICE LAP TOP. I DONT LIKE SWITCHING IT OUT EVERY DAY
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: I DO NOT KNOW
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO I JUST NEED TO PRINT IN MY TRUCK, INVOICES, CONTRACTS ECT.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

You are at www.justanswer.com services.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you

Let me know the version of windows on the laptop to which you want to connect the Canon

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
windows 10

Follow these steps on the laptop to which you want to connect the printer
Click here for remote assistance
in the page that opens you will see just answer remote desktop..scroll down the page and click on i agree
it will download a file Elsinore screen connect exe at bottom of screen
once its downloaded, open\run the file ..you can double click on it to run it
once it starts to run it will ask do you want to allow the file to make changes...say yes to it

Customer hiCustomer michelle this sideCustomer i am now connectedCustomer is this the laptop to which you want to connect the printer
Guest: yesCustomer how do you wish to connect..with usb cable..wifi ro bluetooth
Guest: I think bluetoothCustomer okCustomer i will proceed with setup now
Guest: I have a hot spot in my truckCustomer okCustomer need to follow few steps on the printerCustomer from the home screen, can you swipe to option that says setup or wlan setupCustomer follow these steps on printer
Guest: okCustomer let me know once you have done the stepsCustomer have you donbe the stepsCustomer have you done the steps
Guest: the printer is trying to ocnext to my old hot spot how do i edit it or install my new hot spotCustomer so what options are showing on printer screen right nowCustomer let me know and i will walk you throughCustomer what options are there to tap on
Guest: i will move the printer closer so we can make it work, okCustomer yes sureCustomer let me know once you are ready
Guest: the ssid is showing my old hot spotCustomer ok and what options are there on screen to tap on..like an ok cancel
Guest: Lan settings, or pprint detailsCustomer ok do you see an ipv 4 address and an ipv6 addressCustomer do you see an ipv 4 address under lan settings on the printer
Guest: okCustomer can you make a note of the ipv4 address number and ipv6 address numbers with you on paper
Guest: yesCustomer have you noted?
Guest: the icp/ip settings, ipv4 or ipv6 when i pushed ipv4 ask auto set up or manual set up ?Customer select auto setup
Guest: okCustomer let me know what you get next
Guest: it has ip address, or dns server, or or proxy serverCustomer ok and is something mentioned against ip address like some numbers
Guest: no ip address is in autoCustomer now press the home button to come to home screenCustomer letme know once there
Guest: thereCustomer do you see copy scan and print on screen
Guest: yesCustomer if you swipe to the left or right do you see more options show up
Guest: noCustomer presss the wifi button on the printerCustomer let me know what yoiu see next on the printer screen
Guest: k
Guest: what is a QR codeCustomer that is not where we need to beCustomer what screen are you on
Guest: when i push the wifi first it showes my disabled hotspot next wireless lan secuity woth some number below it and last is lan setting / print detailsCustomer tap lan settingsCustomer then do you see wireless kan optionCustomer wireless lan option
Guest: yesCustomer tap on wireless lanCustomer then do you see wireless lan setup
Guest: yes i pushed itCustomer ok next push easy wireless connect
Guest: okCustomer then tap yesCustomer let me know once you see the screen that says follow instructions oncomputer
Guest: it is saying settings will be made on a computer or a smart phone yes or noCustomer tap Yes on that settings messageCustomer let me know once you see the screen that says follow instructions oncomputer or smartphone
Guest: it is thereCustomer okCustomer has the printer screen changed to something else or on same messageCustomer has the printer screen changed to something else or on same message
Guest: WHAT IS SSID ON MY HOTSPOT I HAVE NETWORK INFO AAND A PASS WORDCustomer ssid is NETGEAR10Customer PASSWORD ***** ***** whatisshowing now on printer
Guest: it said the conection was completed and i pushed okCustomer okCustomer now just need to wait for the software install on computer
Guest: iam going to let the dog out be right backCustomer sureCustomer let me know once test page has printed
Guest: it has printed yesCustomer okCustomer please try printing something yourselfnowCustomer let em know if it prints or not
Guest: ok i willCustomer ok try maybe an email or some document
Guest: okCustomer can you try an email first and i am not sure about this softwareCustomer can you try an email first and i am not sure about this softwareCustomer i am not sure about settings in this software so if you could try printing an email or document that would confirm that printer is setup correctly or not
Guest: ok yesCustomer seems it printedCustomer ?
Guest: printing just fine i can take it from here. I THINK LOLCustomer great. i will end the remote session now. thanks for using the service