Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a MX920 model and i have an error 1403 that i can't…

I have a MX920...

I have a MX920 model and i have an error 1403 that i can't resolve.

Technician's Assistant: Is your printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Never

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that it is very annoying

1/23/2018
Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

You are at www.justanswer.com services.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you

was there any paper jam recently or ink change done

i change the ink all the time but i havent had a paper jam for a long time.

how old is this printer?

4 years old
never had any problems with it.

to set your expectations right, the error 1403 means that a print head temperature sensor error has occurred.

This means that the printhead could have faulted

we can try a reset sequence to diagnose it further

remove ink and turn off printer

unplug power cord

let me know once done

ink cartridges removed and printer unplugged

keep the ON button on printer pressed for 10 secs

wait for 2 mins

plug in power cord and turn on printer

insert ink back in

let me know if error repeats or not

same error 1403

we can try a printhead reseat

remove inks and then remove printhead

you can click here to view steps with pictures

remove the printhead and then reseat it back in and insert inks

let me know if there is any change in the error code

getting the print head back in is proving hard to do

take your time

just need to align it and it will slide in

finally got it back in. same error

unfortunately , this seems to be a fault with the printhead/ printhead sensor and for that unit would need to be serviced

considering the age of the printer, i would suggest that a printhead replacement or senor repair would could cost you almost same as buying a new printer

let me know if you have any questions

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. Feel free to ask if you have any question. Please provide a rating for the information provided by clicking on the stars located on the upper right corner of this page. In case you have more question then simply use the Reply to expert or click on the “Continue Conversation” button on justanswer email

Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
do you recommend a A3/A4 photographic quality printer

yes an all in or or multifunction printer from HP or Brother would be best suited

thanks, ***** ***** help.

you are welcome

Michelle
Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert