Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an Epson XP-420 printer approx. 12 months old that…

I have an Epson...

I have an Epson XP-420 printer approx. 12 months old that does not print. I have been thru the checks, installed a new black cartridge, It sounds like its printing but the paper comes our unprinted. I tried colour and it prints very feint, unreadable. Any ideas?

Technician's Assistant: Is this the first time you've had to change the ink for your XP-420?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

No error message I have cleaned the heads and done what was asked in the trouble shooting instructions

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it, I don't know what else to try

1/23/2018
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Did you leave your printer idle for some time?

I am sorry to say its a problem with the printhead. The print head is the part of the printer that puts ink from the cartridges onto the page. The nozzle connecting the cartridges is blocked.

The print head has very small nozzles. Ink is made of chemicals that include resins. When this ink dries the resin becomes solid and is hard to break up and dissolve.

As of the first step, let's try manually cleaning the printhead.

Take a paper towel and fold it into 4 turns and make it little thick. Then add little-rubbing alcohol to it and then place it in the path of the printhead carriage. Then move the printhead carriage over it a few times.

Please follow this link to see a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrAqXjX10xs

Tell me if it makes any difference to your problem.

Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
I cannot manually move the print head back and forth
can you log on remotely via my laptop?

What is the operating system of your laptop?

Is it a Windows/MAC?

windows
Do you prefer to call me 61###-##-####

I will send you the remote link in a moment.

Please click this link: http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=aebac8ac-0800-4a1f-b2af-5566e830c151

Then click "I Agree"

Then download and run the Elsinore Screen connect.