Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

How do I reconnect my printer to my computer? Brother MFC…

How do I reconnect...

How do I reconnect my printer to my computer?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Brother MFC J870DW

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Brother printer?

Only since fiber optic was installed in my house this afternoon. Can't print. Says the printer needs to be reconnected to my computer. (Printer offline)

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No. It should be a simple fix--I just don't know how to do it

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/23/2018
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?

Have you tried the menu / network / WLAN / wireless, etc. option on the printer's screen?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Window 10. Wireless connection (which is fine). Just need to reconnect the printer.
Don't understand anything. It can't be too complicated!!
No. I don't have $39.
I already paid $5
It's not fair that this should be so complicated. Why can't I just reconnect the printer to the computer?

Got it. I'm sorry. Wireless printing setup is complicated. I will help you. On your computer, please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can help you directly:

https://tinyurl.com/ya2cd3jc
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

I have resolved the issue via remote support. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit. Thank you very much,

Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician