Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I am trying to install a black cartridge into the HP

I am trying to...

I am trying to install a black cartridge into the HP Photosmart 7520 and it's telling me it is either improperly installed, etc. The ink cartridge is hp 564 XL

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your printer?

HP Photosmart 7520 CZ045A

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

Yes, the error message is Missing or failed printhead, the printhead appears to be missing, not detected, or incorrectly installed. Yes, I am able to open the lid.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Well, I returned the first new cartridge which was 564 and this time I purchased 564 XL. Thank you for your help.

Answered in 1 hour by:
1/23/2018
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Mr. Harry,
Yes I still need help with my question. Please and Thank You.

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I still have the error message.

How old is the printer?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Well, maybe 4 or 5 years old.

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one. You can purchase a new one for around $50-$60 at a local electronics store such as Best Buy.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK, Thank you for your time and your help. I appreciate it.

You're welcome -- I apologize that I had to deliver the bad news to you. Please understand that we do not like to deliver bad news because our rating on the site is based on the feedback of our customers so bad news situations are difficult to deal with. Thankfully, a large majority of our customers are understanding that we are just messengers in the situation and do not take it out on the rating system.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Harry, Engineer
Harry, Engineer