Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Error messages. Never

Error messages Technician's Assistant:...

Error messages

Technician's Assistant: Is your printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Never

1/22/2018
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me the make and model of the printer with the issue?

Thank you

two error messages appearing.One on my desktop.. "scan to printer is no longer active" and "cartriges are incompatable "
appears on my printer screen

ok, but please tell me the make and model of the printer

HP envy 4520

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

ok.. doing that now.. check back w/ you in a few

Thank you

error message appears instantly when powering up again

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

ok.. no change
printer still in error state.
incompatble cartridge error message

ok, can you put a different cartridge into the printer and tell me if this clears it please

cant do that. sorry. no extra cartidges here..they are not empty thats for sure

No not empty but faulty.

Can you please replace them with new ones by getting new ones and tell me if this clears the error please

thank you. what i did was remove one cartidge and see which one is the issue.
turned out it was the color.
printer works which is good.. but only in b/w. Calling my HP ink guy for replacement. glad it wasnt anything major

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Richard, Technician
Richard, Technician