Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

The page numbers are not printing and it's not printing

The page numbers are...

The page numbers are not printing and it's not printing consistently. It's a new Canon printer

Technician's Assistant: What Canon model do you have?

Canon TS8120

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your TS8120?

Just tonight

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

10 minutes ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No; thanks Do I have to pay again if I'm in the 30-day free trial period?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/22/2018
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer

Hello. I am pleased to assist you today. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
great

Is your computer a pc or a mac? What is your computer operating system?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
mac
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok

I can show you how to install your printer drivers correctly so that your printer will work while connected directly to your computer via usb cable, or when connected to your router via Ethernet cable or wifi. We can do this interactively, or I can use a secure remote control assistance session to do it with your cooperation and participation. The remote session is usually faster and more convenient, but it is not required. It is a Premium Service, and there is an extra charge for it.

Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer

You have requested Secure Remote Assistance. Please use this link and accept the agreement. Then download, run, and install the remote software from Elsinore to start the session:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=009e26cb-5c06-4b97-bbac-6454291531b1&Type=Java

You may have to go to your Download folder and select the Elsinore file if it does not open automatically.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Forget it. I'm going in circles. I accepted the remote assistance offer and was told you couldn't connect but I could have an online chat. Now you're offering the remote assistance again. If you saw what I said about the model number, you would know it's a wireless printer that has no cable and uses a LAN connection.

I never said that I could not connect remotely. You requested a remote connection and I accepted your request. Then I sent yo the link for you to download and install the remote control software. We are not going in circles. That was pretty direct.

I guess you did not like the explanation that I sent you, which was written ahead of time for general purposes.

I apologize for that. Please download the file, so that we can set up the remote session.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I got a message saying you could not connect remotely and I would not be charged. I guess i’m Going to be charged anyway.

That message did not come from this chat session. If you download the Elsinore file and you are unable to establish a remote session, you will not be charged for the remote session, because I will submit a negative report on the results of the remote connection request.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Where is the Elsinore file
You have requested Secure Remote Assistance. Please use this link and accept the agreement. Then download, run, and install the remote software from Elsinore to start the session: http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=009e26cb-5c06-4b97-bbac-6454291531b1&Type=Java You may have to go to your Download folder and select the Elsinore file if it does not open automatically.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't have JAVA and I'm too tired to figure this all out so I can download the Elisnore file. It's just now working for me. Sorry.

I completely understand. You can go to www.java.com and download Java. It would be a good thing for you to have on your system. e can continue this at another time.

We can continue this at another time. I am available tomorrow.

I am available tomorrow, during the day or in the evening.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I called Canon customer support and they went through some steps with me. I have had the printer for 3 days and they couldn't figure out why it isn't working. They are sending me a replacement.

I am really glad that your problem has been resolved. Thank you for letting me know. And thank you for choosing Just Answer.

Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer