Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I am trying to get air printing set up on my brother Mac…

I am trying to...

I am trying to get air printing set up on my brother Mac 7200 and I disconnected my WiFi by error. I want to get the WiFi back and set the printer up for air printing. I need help

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Wirelessly

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Not sure but the WiFi worked until 10minutes ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I was originally hooked up for printing with a lap top but it just “blew up” now I want to be able to print from my iPad or iPhone. I’m a little slow on this type of thing

1/21/2018
Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience: A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Question, whats the full model number of the brother printer?

Also, besides your ipad and iphone, do you have a Windows PC or a Mac that you can access currently?

I'll be waiting for your reply, thank you.

Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Former 31F1P ( Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer)

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
MFC L2700DW
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My Pc died yesterday.

Thank you. After we sort the printing issue, we may be able to salvage the pc if you want to take a crack at it.

For now, lets focus on the printer. First step, follow this page and connect the brother printer to your home wireless network.

http://support.brother.com/g/b/faqend.aspx?c=eu_ot&lang=en&prod=mfcl2700dw_us_eu_as&faqid=faq00100429_000

Once connected to your home wireless network. next, connect your ipad or iphone to the home wireless network.

Once the printer and idevices are connected to the same wireless network. Your iphone or ipad should be able to see the printer via airprint, and print.

I dont expect you to make it all the way through this process without further guidance, so do the best you can, and if you get stuck let me know in detail where you got stuck so I can assist you further as needed.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My iPad and phone are connected to WiFi. How do I know what my home wireless network is

If the ipad and iphone are connected to wifi, check the settings for the name of the wireless network you are connected to.. Im assuming they should both be connected to the same wifi network.

That will be your home network..

Then, follow the steps I sent you earlier, to connect the printer to that same wireless network.

let me know if you get stuck at any point,

Dustin S

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m getting an error message with the instructions you sent

what is giving you the error message ?

The brother printer, or your iphone ? And what is the exact error message you are getting?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It says wlan report. Error ts 07.
-An error occurred while trying to get the instructions.
-I have optimum as a provider. Is that what my WiFi should be connected to or the private name for my WiFi that I chose.

the private name for the wifi that you chose, with your self designated password ( for wifi )

try that does it still give the same error?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have

You have, and does it still give the same error or dd the printer connect this time?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When I press set up WiFi the WiFi flashes and the printer says connecting to WLAN and then an error message prints out It says the machine cannot detect a WLAN access/ point router

How far is the printer from the router? roughly speaking?

Also, lets try a network reset on the printer and see if it can connect after this step

1. Press Menu.
  2. Press the Up or Down arrow key to display Network, and then press OK.
  3. Press the Up or Down arrow key to display Network Reset, and then press OK.
  4. Follow the machine's instruction to reset the network settings.
    The machine will restart.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It’s close

Allright, try the network reset on the printer, then try to connect it to wireless again..

1. Press Menu.
    The machine will restart.
Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist