Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

My printer lexmark x2670 keeps flashing a paper jam when it…

My printer lexmark x2670...

My printer lexmark x2670 keeps flashing a paper jam when it is clear as paper goes through it OK

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

Lexmark X2670

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your X2670?

Since it's install point

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Yesterday

1/22/2018
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
the issue is still unresolved. Also the printer is connected via a USB cable, A message came up stating no connection go to device to connect bilaterally. I went to printer properties all configurations seem fine as this issue is ticked. When the USB is taken out and put back both the printer and computer respond but still get a message no communication between printer and computer. The paper feed is still an issue.

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Have done the power. The printer automatically indicates paper feed error again.

How old is the printer?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
It is new. just went to set it up. I think the lexmark X2670 is now discontinued......

Did you buy it new recently?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
If you wish to remotely check settings etc, no problem

The lexmark X2670 is a 9 year old printer so if you bought it as new recently then you will need to return it back to the seller for a refund since it has a sensor issue.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Oh. OK so you mean it cannot be sorted out?

If it is still showing a paper jam issue then it is is a sensor issue. Also, the printer is 9 years old so if it was being sold as new then it is either not actually new or it was kept in a box for 9 years and could have experienced damage through moving, etc.

I am not sure how much you pay for it but you can buy a new printer for $50-$60.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
OK. So do you mean that a sensor issue has arisen because the printer or licence is invalidated?

I am not sure what you mean by printer or license is invalidated

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
OK. Not to worry, l will look for another printer and seek a refund for the Lexmark

I apologize that I had to deliver the bad news to you. Please understand that we do not like to deliver bad news because our rating on the site is based on the feedback of our customers so bad news situations are difficult to deal with. Thankfully, a large majority of our customers are understanding that we are just messengers in the situation and do not take it out on the rating system.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Harry, Engineer
Harry, Engineer