Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a Canon MX920 WS printer. I went on holidays a week…

I have a Canon...

I have a Canon MX920 WS printer. I went on holidays a week ago so turned it off. On returning, I can't get it to print from my laptop. Previously there hasn't been a problem. Both the laptop and printer wifi are indicated as working. Printer icon on laptop shows "printer not responding" and an error message is given.

Technician's Assistant: Is your MX920 displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I don't recall doing it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I have turn off both the laptop and the printer a few times for no result.

1/21/2018
Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience: A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

I'll be waiting for your reply, thank you.

Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Former 31F1P ( Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer)

Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Originally Windows 7 but upgraded to windows 10

To start the connection, please click this link

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=159088ab-dbb1-4572-a10c-f23d386bdd8b

On the next page, scroll down and click the agree button.. It should then ask you to save or run the elsinore screen connect file. Run it, and then when it asks you to allow it, do so. That will connect us.

If you get stuck completing the above steps try them again, and if you still cant connect send a reply and let me know what web browser you are using, so I can give you specific steps on how to connect.

Dustin S

Only asks me to save it. Browser is Firefox
Did you receive my message above?

After you save it.. Open your downloads in firefox, and then double click the elsinore file to install it and run it.

That will connect us.

21 January 2018 03:50
TechnicianAfter you save it.. Open your downloads in firefox, and then double click the elsinore file to install it and run it.That will connect us.The Technician has confirmed your request for a Secure Remote Assistance and will connect to your device momentarily.
You accepted an Expert Service Offer: Secure Remote Assistance
+ Add files
You have accepted an offer:
Secure Remote Assistance
Edit your private contact info
When I click on open nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

Were connected, in session and working the issue.

D.S