Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I own an Epson WF-2660 printer and this morning, for the…

Good morning. I own...

Good morning. I own an Epson WF-2660 printer and this morning, for the first time, I started receiving an 0x11 scanner error. Can you help me resolve it? I've restarted and even unplugged the printer multiple times.

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your WF-2660 when you try to scan?

It won't let me scan. When powering on, I get the message and nothing else seems to work (can't print, scan, or fax).

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

It's been months, but I don't think that is the problem. I get the error when I power the printer on, even when my PC is NOT connected to the printer.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

None of the buttons on the printer's control panel work. I get the message "invalid operation" (again, my PC is NOT connected to the printer).

1/20/2018
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

How old is the printer?

maybe 18 to 24 months old.
Are you still there?

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one. You can purchase a new one for around $50-$60 at a local electronics store such as Best Buy.

OK. Thank you.

You're welcome -- I apologize that I had to deliver the bad news to you. Please understand that we do not like to deliver bad news because our rating on the site is based on the feedback of our customers so bad news situations are difficult to deal with. Thankfully, a large majority of our customers are understanding that we are just messengers in the situation and do not take it out on the rating system.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Harry, Engineer
Harry, Engineer