Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My printer is OFFLINE and I cannot get it back on line.

Customer Question
My printer is OFFLINE...

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Wirelessly, it has been connected before, but has gone off line.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Never, the printer was purchased in Nov 2017.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I just want to be on line.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
1/20/2018
Technician: Sheri, Expert replied 7 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Hi JACUSTOMER-kp01kgjj,

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. Can you please tell me the brand and model of the printer. Also, is your computer a Windows or Mac? Let me know so we can go to the next step.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

HP Envy 4520 all in one printer, Windows
no thank you

The remote offer is system generated, not by me. You can ignore it. Do you wish to continue troublshooting via messaging as we were?

Are you using Windows 10?

the printer had been working fine until last week.

Ok, go down to the search in the bottom left of your computer and type printers and then select printers and scanners from the list. Once in there, click once on your printer and click on open queue. Once in here, first let me know if anything is in the print queue. Then click on printer in the top left corner and see if "use printer offline" is checked. If it is, uncheck it. Let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

where is the printer q?

It is the window that opens up when you click on open queue. If there are any print jobs in it, you will see them listed in the white area. If there are none, it will be blank. It's all the same window where you next click the printer menu in the top left.

Technician: Sheri, Expert replied 6 months ago

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Please reply and let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Regards,

Sheri-Expert