Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have an Epson XP-830. I asked for a new yellow ink 410 and…

I have an Epson...

I have an Epson XP-830. I asked for a new yellow ink 410 and after I put a new one in it keeps asking for it again.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

Mac powerbook. Hasn't been a problem up to yesterday.

1/20/2018
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Are you using new oem/genuine epson inks, or generic/refilled cartridges?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Genuine
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Im not sure what I should do now.
This is a printer hardware issue. It cannot be fixed remotely.There are a few possible causes of this issue, including a bad cartridge, internal debris/contamination, or a
hardware failure (bad printhead, bad logic board, faulty sensor, etc).
What we can try are some cleaning and reset steps.
First remove all of the ink cartridges, then clean the metal electrical contacts on the
back, as well as where they mate up inside the printer, using qtips and rubbing alcohol.
Dry well, then reseat the cartridges.
Then reset the machine:
unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release
Let me know the results, and I'll advise further if needed.
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I need to go out and buy rubbing alcohol unless you think that tequila would be acceptable
No that won’t work but you could use distilled water in a pinch
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I eill see what I can do
Thanks
Nathan, Engineer
Robert M., Consultant

tequila is acceptable at all times. But not on printers.

this is either a defective cartridge OR

you replaced it before the printer asked you to and it got finicky on you

i have dealt with that on epsons before. It is a matter of going through the menu now and getting it to admit that you want to change the cartridge and which cartridge and then when it says to do it.

change it

and then say ok

give me a call i am accepting your remote offer. i can run you through it over the phone.

but its mostly a matter of getting the printer menu to admit it wants you to change it.

you can do things like asking it to align the cartridges or pulling it out and turning the printer off and on again

anything to get the menu to pop up with "replace it now" or "it has been replaced resetting/ aligning system"

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I think we have made progress. It finally stopped adking for yellow and asked for cyan and magenta. Now cleaning heads and checking nozzles again
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Everything is fine!!! Thank you!

you are very welcome glad that i could help.

Nathan, Engineer