Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I keep getting the b304 error message on my Canon maxify…

Customer Question
Second opinion] Hi there...

Second opinion] Hi there, I keep getting the b304 error message on my Canon maxify MB2360 printer

Technician's Assistant: Is your MB2360 displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

Yes. I was low on printer ink on a couple of my cartridges, but I've changes these and they are now full. One of the cartridges was able to be changed normally, but to change the 2nd one I had to do it manually. I followed the instructions to do this and all seemed to go well. Still getting the b304 message, so I did a hard reset on the printer. Still getting the message. Getting very frustrated now

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I haven't done that for since I bought the printer a couple of years ago I think

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that's it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
1/20/2018
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Are you sure it is not the B504 error ? B504 means printhead got hot and needs cooling off. (Or the whole print is kept at above about 80 degrees F too much, or with too little ventilation/cooling/fan blowing air on it, etc.... perhaps.)

B304 means... well, it's hard to say. That's why I'm asking to double-check the error code... please confirm what the error code is, at present.

It is definitely the b504 error code

OK. B504 means, your printhead is overheating, and the printer has shut off all activity (short of turning itself off, which would be uninformative, so it doesn't do that) to wait until it has cooled off again - which can take from 3 to 20 minutes, depending upon how hot the ambient temperature, the ventilation and air stirring around the printer, and how heavy the printing usage has been in the last 10 minutes or less.

So turn it Off. Wait 10 to 20 minutes. Turn it On again... hopefully that will help!

Let me know how it goes, please.

The printer hadn’t been used for weeks so it definitely wasn’t hot. I need to print this afternoon so I’ve gone and bought a new printer and thrown this one as the first guy said it was basically stuffed
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 6 months ago

Replacing the printhead might perhaps get it working again. But it's just as well that you now have a working printer. Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com.

What do I need to do to cancel after my free trial expires? If you’re able to do that, could you please?

I have no power over charges, billing, no access to your account status nor information on its status.

For all such concerns I must refer you to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com. They may be reached at

***@******.***

or through Chat or Phone by way of this page:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com.