Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Printer will not feed paper and indicates Cassette 2 is out…

Customer Question
Printer will not feed...

Printer will not feed paper and indicates Cassette 2 is out of paper, but Cassette 2 has plenty of paper. This problem began a few days ago with intermittent issue; now printer won't feed paper at all. Using 24 lb paper designed for inkjet. Tried flipping paper over, fanning paper, etc. No luck.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Wirelessly.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I believe within the last week, but how can I initiate this?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, also unable to figure out how to scan multi-page documents to PDF. I can only scan one page at a time.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
1/20/2018
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.
Before we proceed with any troubleshooting,please once unplug your device from the wall outlet wait for 2 minutes and plug it back in.

Let me know when this is done.

Kindly mention the model number of your printer.

Printer unplugged for 2 minutes, and now plugged in again.Epson Model XP-800
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago

What's the model number of your printer and the operating system on your computer, is that Windows 10?

Printer model is Epson XP-800. OS is Windows 10.
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago

Did you try printing from the other casette?

No. The other cassette only holds photo size paper. However, I am able to print from the Rear Slot.
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago

And are you trying to print from the computer?

Is yes is that a Windows or apple?

The computer is a Windows machine. But you already knew that: You previously asked me what operating system I was running and I replied Windows 10.
I am trying to print from the computer.
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago

Am sorry, we may have to check with the settings.

Please wait,

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago
Installing ...
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago

Great!

When software installation completed, I had the option to print a test page. I clicked the button and the print failed with the same error message - no paper in Cassette 2.
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago

Can you log into printer settings and change the setting to cassette.

How do i log into printer settings?
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago

Press Control+P

This screen doesn't give me any options to change cassette settings.
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago

Hold on please.

Are you still there?
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago

Am with you.

Am just checking to give you some screenshots so that it will be easier for you to identify.

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago
The paper source is already set to cassette. I do not understand your point here.
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago

I need to check this through remote from here.

Am sorry, it is difficult to check what might be the problem .

I do not want to allow remote access to my computer.
You do not seem to understand the problem. The printer is trying to print from the cassette, but senses the cassette is out of paper when it is not.
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago

I understand that, am going to opt out and let other experts handle this.

Thank you.

This has been a waste of time. Please refund my money and terminate the process!
This has been a waste of time. I would like a refund.
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I’ve done additional online research and believe I understand what’s wrong with the printer. This has taken too long, and I no longer need your help. I would like a refund!