Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My new 830 printer will not recognize my network in my hope.

Customer Question
My new 830 printer...

My new 830 printer will not recognize my network in my hope. It recognizes every other network in the neighborhood except mine. I can manually type in the network ssid and password ***** it doesn't find it.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Epson 830

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Epson printer?

Brand new printer nd am going through the set up. I have the set up cd in the drive and it recognizes the network but the printer does not.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

2 weeks. All of the other devices in the house are connected to the same network and they all function well.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
1/19/2018
Technician: Syseng, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Engineer

My name is David.

First, just to rule out possible memory issues in your wireless router as the culprit, power down the router/modem that provides your wireless network and unplug the power cord as well. Wait 5 minutes. Then plug in the power cord on the router/modem and power up the device. Wait for the router/modem to completely start up. Reboot your printer after the router/modem has completed start up and test to see if the printer can connect.
Please let me know the result

I will try this and let you know the results later.

Ok, sounds good.

Do you still need assistance?

Do you still need assistance?