Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I got a code 5100 when trying to print from my Cannon MP470.

Customer Question
I got a code...

I got a code 5100 when trying to print from my Cannon MP470

Technician's Assistant: Is your MP470 displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

Yes, nor will it copy

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I don't think I ever have

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Is there a cost for this service?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
1/18/2018
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 7 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please