Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My Canon printer MG7160 is giving Support Code 6000, after I…

My Canon printer MG7160...

My Canon printer MG7160 is giving Support Code 6000, after I mistakenly tried to remove a sheet before it fed in to start printing on its reverse. The sheet pulled out of my hand and did feed in, but twisted on the way, so the paper jammed. Turning power off and on again as advised doesn't work. Can I do anything myself or do I need to go to a service center?

Technician's Assistant: Is your MG7160 displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

I can't even start any other print jobs, so I guess the error is for all of them

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I never have as far as I can recall.- I don't do much printing.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I just want to extract the jammed sheet (without ruining the machine!)

1/18/2018
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Richard, Technician
No. I gave it 12 minutes but still get Support Code 6000

Thank you

If you are on a windows computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.exe

Else for a Mac computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.dmg

A program will start downloading to your computer (it does not open a webpage, but the file will start downloading to your computer).

Run the program and it shows you and ID and Password.

Give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Thank you

ID 519 672 321 Pass word 9484
A waste of time and money. My problem was not solved, and I will now have to try a physical service centre. More expense!

Hello again

As I explained on your computer, the drive motor has seized which is why the ink does not come out, and this needs to be replaced.

Once you have it replaced the printer will work.

As I also advised, avoid the repair if the printer has exceeded the warranty

I was very disappointed with this whole expensive experience. As I said right at the beginning, the problem was caused by a paper jam. It turned out in the end, once I had looked up "paper jam" on YouTube, that the answer was just to remove the back of the printer (a very simple task) and pull out the paper (a little more tricky but quite manageable once I had slit the paper in two). Once I had done this the printer worked perfectly. I recognize that this was all my own fault for not considering the problem calmly in the first place. Nevertheless I do think that, as an expert, you might have paid more attention to my initial explanation of why I was calling.