Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My keyboard on elite x2 wont work. Elite x2 with detachable…

Customer Question
My keyboard on elite...

My keyboard on elite x2 wont work

Technician's Assistant: What X2 model do you have?

Elite x2 with detachable keyboard

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your X2 media player?

Restarted multiplemtimes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
1/18/2018
Technician: Electronics Pete, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Electronics Pete

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

To fix this, you will have to perform a system drain:

1. Remove the keyboard.
  2. Shut down the computer.
  3. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. The time is important, make sure you keep the power button pressed for at least 30 seconds. During this time, you may see the HP logo flash on the screen one time - ignore this and keep the power button pressed.
  4. After at least 30 seconds let go of the power button and reattach the keyboard.
  5. Power on the computer.
  6. Once it has booted up, try using it again.

--------------------

Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page if my answer worked so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)

You can always reply back at any time if you need further assistance.

Pete.

-----------

Electronics Pete
Electronics Pete
Electronics Pete, Engineer