Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My Canon IPF 9100 generated error code E161-403F. I started…

Customer Question
HI My Canon IPF...

HI My Canon IPF 9100 generated error code E161-403F. I started up in service mode and replaced the Left Print Head. Everything went fine. Except it's been trying to complete ink replenishing for over an hour. Normally this takes only about 10 minutes. I'm reluctant to shut the machine off or kill power to the machine while it's trying to replenish ink and complete the new print head install.

Technician's Assistant: Is your Canon printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

I don't know. As mentioned I started in Service Mode and have replaced the print head. Currently the machine is in the ink replenish cycle, a normal operation when you install a new print head. As I said I'm reluctant to shut the machine off while it's still trying to replenish the ink into the new head.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Last year. But I'm not sure how that is related to this hardware issue (print head) and (ink replenishing cycle).

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

What do you charge for your service?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/18/2018
Technician: Chris Lindsey, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Chris Lindsey
Chris Lindsey, Computer Hardware Engineer

Good evening, my name is ***** ***** I am your Professional Electronics Technician Expert.

It is okay to unplug the printer from the power if it has not continued at this point. Please take out the ink and print head and turn on the printer. Wait 1 minute then shut off. Please check that the ink cartridge slots are not dirty.

I look forward to your reply.