Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I am trying to change the ink cartridge in my Epsom stylus…

I am trying to...

I am trying to change the ink cartridge in my Epsom stylus office BX 305Fw Plus printer and I need help

Technician's Assistant: Is this the first time you've had to change the ink for your Stylus?

No, but it’s been a while and i’ve forgotten how.

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

I am not able to open the lid covering the cartridges. The instruction panel says open the scanner unit, change the cartridge and press ok, but I cannot see the cartridges.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you very much. I simply need to change two cartridges, B and C

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/17/2018
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This is not an automatic process as on some other printers, some menu steps are required prior to physical replacement:
Press the home (house icon) button and select Setup (wrench icon) > Maintenance > Ink Cartridge Replacement.

Lift up the scanner unit (below the glass)

Open the cartridge cover

Squeeze the tab on the cartridge and lift the cartridge straight up to remove it.

Gently shake the new cartridge four or five times, then remove the cartridge from the package, removing the yellow tape.

Insert the new cartridge into the holder and push it down until it clicks into place.

Close the cartridge cover and push it down until it clicks into place.

Select Check on the LCD screen to make sure the cartridge or cartridges are installed correctly.

Close the scanner unit.

I’m sorry but there is no home icon on my EosonnStylus Office BX305FWPlus. I do not see this icon.

It is the button that looks like a house,

if you don't see it simply go into Setup

There is a menu button from which I can go to maintenance, and select the printer cartridge change function. Shall Inproceed in that way? I am sorry but I cannot afford the cost to have you remotely connect.
Ok. How do I go into set up?

Yes, that is the correct steps, please follow that sequence from the maintenance or ink menu

Nathan at
Nathan are you still there????

Don't worry so much about the exact wording, or specific setup button.

please follow that sequence from the maintenance or ink menu as you have found.

I am trying to do that but when I lift open the scanner, I cannot see the cartridges, so it appears I have not opened the correct part, but there does not seem to be any other way to get to the cartridges. How exactly am I supposed to open the scanner area?

You have to initiate this from the menu prompts first,

once that is done, then you lift the area below the scanner (above where the paper comes out, below the scanner lid)

Ok, I have located it, finally! I expected to see the cartridges as soon as I lifted the scanner lid, but they are hidden from view by another cover, that’s why U could not see them. Ok, thank you very much Natsn. I will follow the rest of the written instructions from here. Thanks again.

You are very welcome, and best of luck to you!

Nathan, Engineer