Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It's not printing black. EPSON XP-410. For a time. I just…

Hi - it's not...

Hi - it's not printing black

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

EPSON XP-410

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your XP-410?

For a long time. I just stopped using it because I was frustrated that I couldn't get it to print and didn't know how to get help

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

It seems to print other colors fine. My ink level is high. Don't know why it's not printing black. I tried doing the "head cleaning" and "head alignment" and that just reduced all the ink levels but still won't print black.

1/17/2018
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I still need help
No thank you
I do need your help but I don’t want to pay extra to securely connect. Can you still help me?
Hello?

I apologize -- We had a site issue.

How old is the printer?

The printer is about two years old but I have had this issue the whole time

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one. You can purchase a new one for around $50-$60 at a local electronics store such as Best Buy.

do I have to pay you for that piece of information?

This is a paid service. I do not handle payment information as a technician

Is there a printer you can recommend?

Do you have a price range?

Probably under $200
I would like to print/scan/make copies
Black and white and color

Yes, take a look here: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/epson-workforce-wf-2760-wireless-all-in-one-printer/5117300.p?skuId=5117300

It is currently on sale for $80 and it is a great printer.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Harry, Engineer