Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Epson xp 424 - cannot recognize ink cartridge. Ive tried…

Customer Question
Epson xp 424 -...

Epson xp 424 - cannot recognize ink cartridge

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? If so, what do they say?

Ive tried turning off/on many times. ive taken out and replaced many times

Technician's Assistant: The last time you changed your cartridges, did you replace them with new ones or refill the old ones?

CANNOT RECOGNIZE THE FOLLOWING INK CARTIDGES . TRY INSTALLING THEM AGAIN CYAN

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

New epson crtiges

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
1/17/2018
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

since i changed the ink cartridge.. about 10 days ago.

Ok - can you unplug the printer from the power supply while the printer is off and hold in the power button on it for 30 seconds.
Let me know done
Regards
Kris

done

OK great, does this help?

no
same error message

Is this an official ink your using?

Thanks

Kris

i have used replacement cartridges in the past with no problem. the problem happened with the New epson cartridge

OK so I assume the ink cartridge is faulty.

Have you tried a different one?

No , its 32 miles to the store.
i buy from amazon. I have not purchased another cartrigde yet
Do you have anything else to add to this solution? Or do i need to buy another ink cartidge?

That would be the first thing to try, they are 100% returnable If it's not the INKS.

I'm sorry but this is always the first point to try and 90% of the time it resolves the issue

Regards

Kris

thanks

Anytime, please let me know what you do..

Note: Can you please rate me at the top so I am credited with my time, 5/5 gives me most credit and would be much appreciated. Thanks.