Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It goes through all the motions of printing, but does not…

It goes through all...

It goes through all the motions of printing, but does not put any words on paper. Ink is full, Drivers updated. Tried the automated cleaning. Nothing that I've found online has helped.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

HP deskjet 3050 all in one J610 series

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your DeskJet?

Yesterday I downloaded the software to my laptop, which had not previously been linked to it. The printer itself had not been used in a long time.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

IDK. It would have been an automated update.

1/17/2018
Syseng
Syseng, Engineer

My name is David.

If the printer had been sitting without use for some time, you should run the print head cleaning cycle 5 o 7 times as it will take more than once cycle to fix the problem if the ink in the nozzles has had a long time to dry.

If that does not resolve the issue, you should use a print head cleaning kit which is designed for deep cleaning and will loosen and break free the old dried ink that is clogging the nozzles such as the one at the link below:

click here

Do you still need assistance?

I'm still trying to resolve the issue. The multiple cleaning cycles did not work.

Ok, then the other option I outlined above is what you need to do - I have copied and posted it again for you below:

Since that did not work, you should use a print head cleaning kit which is designed for deep cleaning and will loosen and break free the old dried ink that is clogging the nozzles such as the one at the link below:

click here

I'm trying that.

Oops - here is the link again:

click here

This is a good one - you may be able to get it locally as well.

thx

Ok, and just let me know if you need further assistance when you use the print head cleaner.

Do you need further assistance?

Syseng
Syseng, Engineer
No, I replaced the ink cartridge and that resolved my problem.