Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

All of a sudden my PC and Iphone can not find my printer.

Hello, All of a...

Hello, All of a sudden my PC and Iphone can not find my printer. The printer says its connected and everything is connected to my wireless.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

HP Officejet 6700

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your OfficeJet?

It printed just fine this morning

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

About two weeks ago

1/16/2018
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed with any troubleshooting,please once unplug your printer from the wall outlet wait for 2 minutes and plug it back in.
Let me know when this is done.

done

Is that a Windows computer you have?

Windows Computer, I phone, neither is recognizing the printer

Let me know what happens.

1. Press the Power button to turn on the printer.

2. Touch the right arrow to display the second navigation screen.

3. Touch Setup , and then touch Network.

4. Touch Wireless Setup Wizard, and then touch Continue. The Wireless Setup Wizard searches for networks, and then displays them in a list.

5. If necessary, touch the down arrow to scroll through the network names until you find yours.

6. Touch the name of your network, and then touch OK.

7. Enter your wireless password ***** hit OK

I have dont that, multiple times. The Printer Checks all come back clear. Its showing connected.

Can I troubleshoot this issue through remote then?

for an additional charge, no thank you

Alright, let's try resetting the printer then.

Okay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uzvAciGRj8

Follow this video link to go the support menu and then select reset menu and tell me what do you see there.

I have a 6700 not a 6600

Both functions the same.

No, it will not let you push the back button 4 times from the home screen
This is taking to long, I need to move on

Alright then let me opt this out for other experts who can troubleshoot this offline.

I need to get it fixed now, please just cancel my request for assistance....
Syseng
Syseng, Engineer

My name is David.

The issue could be due to memory errors in the router that provides your wireless access. To resolve the issue power down the router and unplug the power cord as well. Wait 5 minutes for the memory to drain. Then plug in the power cord on the router and power up the device. Wait for the router to completely start up. Reboot your computer and devices that connect to your wireless network after the router has completed start up and test to see if the issue is resolved.
Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance.

You are the bomb!

Excellent! Glad I could help!

Also, please provide a positive rating (3, 4, or 5 star) as that is how I receive credit for my work.
Thanks,
David.

Syseng
Syseng, Engineer