Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

How to clean a samsung ml-2855 printer. Mac Laptop. 3

How to clean a...

How to clean a samsung ml-2855 printer

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

Mac Laptop

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your ML-2855?

3 months

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on your model

Never have

1/16/2018
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your printer question.
What cleaning does your Samsung printer need, please?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
need to clean the rollers, vertical streaks on the printed page

Please describe the vertical streaks - are they in the same position on each page, and are they down the full length of the page? as opposed to changing position, across the page, or starting at the leading edge or trailing edge of the page and then fading away, etc. ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the streaks are the full length of the page and do not fade away

I advise you to replace the toner cartridge, then. Streaks of that sort, and that extent, are caused by damage - usually scratching - of the green roller surface inside the toner cartridge. That green surface is very sensitive, and somewhat toxic in some cases - so it cannot be cleaned by hand, and cleaning by hand is inadvisable somewhat. Replacing the cartridge is indicated, for all of the above reasons.

Let me know how that works, please, by and by, when it is done and has been tried, please. Thanks.

Since I have not heard back from you, I am asking whether my answer was helpful and provided what you needed ?

(If I didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will be pleased to help you further.)

Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I ordered a new toner cartridge and I will go from there. Thank-you for assistance.
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech