Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Not sure if I have a lap top or printer problem. Have a

Not sure if I...

Not sure if I have a lap top or printer problem. Have a Macbook Pro running Sierra 13. Installed a HP Envy 6200 printer recently with wireless connection. All seemed good, could print test page from the lap top at end of installation- but trying to print something else the print page said the printer was not connected. Got IT friend to check everything and he could find nothing wrong. Just installed the driver for USB cable connection and same result. Can print test page from laptop but nothing else. Ready to chuck it out of the window unless you can help!! Thanks Susan

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Have turned wireless off on the printer and now connected with cable.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Bought printer a couple of weeks ago so software should be up to date!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, except I wonder if its a problem with my laptop rather than the printer.

1/16/2018
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please follow the instructions given below.

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) or Printers & Scanners.
  3. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.
  4. Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the Printers & Scanners. window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.
    Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!