Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I just bought a new laptop and need to add image class

I just bought a...

I just bought a new laptop and need to add image class MF4880dw to it

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

Brand is Lenevo ideapad 320

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your IdeaPad? Have you installed any updates recently?

Updates for what. the printer or the computer. the computer updated all day today when I turned on

Technician's Assistant: The Laptop Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thanks

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/16/2018
Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

You are at www.justanswer.com services.
I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible

Let me know how is printer connected to computer..usb cable or wifi

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
usb cable

have you installed the software for the printer?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i thought that was why I was transferred to you.

sure i just wanted to confirm.. at times users use the disc to install

i will give you the steps to download and install the software

one moment please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Will that include the driver or is the software all in one and once installed the printer will work with no further information needed?

click here to open the downloads page

under drivers, download and install the the drivers software and any scanning software\patch that is listed

let me know if you face any difficulty

Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
install the driver and scan

Follow these steps
Click here for remote assistance
in the page that opens you will see just answer remote desktop..scroll down the page and click on i agree
it will download a file Elsinore screen connect exe at bottom of screen
once its downloaded, open\run the file ..you can double click on it to run it
once it starts to run it will ask do you want to allow the file to make changes...say yes to it

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i hit run and it checks for safety and then takes me back to Join Your Secure Remote Assistance Session

i am connected

Customer hi
Guest: are you thereCustomer yesCustomer will take mouse controlCustomer is the printer turned on
Guest: yesCustomer okCustomer is teh printer connected to pc
Guest: yesCustomer its via usb cableCustomer right
Guest: yesCustomer ok
Guest: what is happeningCustomer can you please disocnnect the printer usb cable from computer and connect it to a different usb port on computerCustomer let me know once done
Guest: doneCustomer is the printer connected to computer on different usb now
Guest: yesCustomer please turn off printer..turn it back on after 30 secsCustomer let me know once its ON
Guest: okCustomer it seems to have detected the printer now after the power cycleCustomer can you connect it back to the previous usb portCustomer let me know once connected
Guest: try printing nowCustomer okCustomer did it print
Guest: it printedCustomer greatCustomer can you place the printed page on the scanner glass
Guest: doneCustomer okCustomer is the printed side facing the glass
Guest: yesCustomer okCustomer ok seems that canon has not released the scanner software utility for this verson of windowsCustomer can you try to scan from the printer panel buttons
Guest: doesn't know where to sendCustomer select computer
Guest: i do i hit confirm destination and it looks like computer comes up but it is not highlighted to selectCustomer i am checking with canonCustomer give me a moment here
Guest: i just printed a page
Guest: is the printer function all set?Customer thanks for your patienceCustomer i have checked with canon about scanning in windows 10 on this modelCustomer there is a software by the name of mf toolbox that is used for scanning on this model in windowsCustomer however canon has not released the updated version of that software for windows 10 due to which scanning does not work for image class models in windows 10Customer there are 3rd party apps that ca be used by functionality cannot be guaranteedCustomer however the printing is working absolutely fine and its setup for printing
Guest: ok
Guest: are you disconnecting?Customer not yetCustomer let me know if you have any questions before i disconnect
Guest: as long as the printer is done I am set.Customer ok. yes its setup for printingCustomer i will end teh remote session now
Michelle
Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert