Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I just purchased your HP4650 printer. I'm having trouble…

Customer Question
I just purchased your...

I just purchased your HP4650 printer. I'm having trouble having getting the scanner workweith my Mac DeskTop computer. I'm running version 10.11. 6 software

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your HP4650 when you try to scan?

Let me see

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Not an error code but it defaults to an older Printer thst I have tried to remove from my APP's. It's the 65oo

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I did download the new printer app form my app store for the 4650

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Printers
1/15/2018
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 1 month ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your printer question.
First question to ask about this sort of problem is: Does the printer work as a photocopier? without involvement with the computer?\

Second: Is it connected by a wireless connection, or a USB cable directly to the computer?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it’s on a wireless network but the computer dose communicate with the printer when I simply print something to the 4650
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I want to keep my wireless network.

OK...

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Whats a secure remote assistance mean?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just read your email , Yes I would like you to remotley my computer and chcek everything out

That means connecting to your computer to work on it, remotely.

I'm not sure I can help with this case, though, I regret to say. HP does not provide drivers for this printer model for MAC OS X on its site, just the Easy Start program. Did you install the printer using the Easy Start program?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I would like ther secure remote assistance for 39.00
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I used the easy start program
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't know how to get rid of the old software in my computer seems to default to when I try to scan with the new 4550 software I instasllled

I have, I regret to say, nothing further to offer for this case. I have Opted Out, opening the case to other Experts in this category.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don’t want to be charged for that monthly support program I signed up for Please acknowledg in writing that the enrollment has been canceled
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 1 month ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Step 1 :

Please go to the link given below, download and install the update. Restart the computer after installing the update.

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1888?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Note : Please make sure that you are installing the update after downloading it. It is a big file, so it may take some time to get it downl2

Step 2 :

Then, follow the instructions given below.

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) or Printers & Scanners.
  3. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.
  4. Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the Printers & Scanners. window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.
    Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer.

Step 3 :

Then, scan with ImageCapture by following the instructions in the link below.

https://www.switchingtomac.com/tutorials/how-to-scan-in-os-x-using-image-capture/

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok forget it

Please try following the instructions and let me know the response.

Thank you.

Customer/p>