Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have Canon MB2700 printer and want to scan to PDF as it…

Good morning Technician's Assistant:...

Good morning

Technician's Assistant: Hi. How can I help?

I have Canon MB2700 printer and want to scan to PDF as it only shows TIF, JPG, BMP, PNG. I am having some people say they can't open my scans when I email them to them. Pamela

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your MB2700 when you try to scan?

No error code

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Ooh, I bought the printer just before Christmas. How do I update the software?

Technician's Assistant: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just how to update software and how I can scan to PDF. Thanks

1/15/2018
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

When you first go to scan, you have the option to select that you are scanning a fil or a picture.

Choose file and you should then be able to choose PDF

Let me know please how you go

Thank you

It doesn’t matter if I print from my laptop or my printer, I still get the same options after selecting ‘document’ and this is TIF, JPG, BMP, PNG.
Pamela

Hi Pamela...

You talked about printing, I am not sure why though as the issue I read from you was about scanning..

Did you see the instructions I gave you?

Richard, Technician
I meant scanning. I am trying to scan but the printer/scanner doesn’t give me the option of choosing a PDF file, even when I select document scan