Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

The printer keeps repeating that the carriage jam needs to…

The printer keeps repeating...

The printer keeps repeating that the carriage jam needs to be cleared. Nothing in it

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

HP5280

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your printer?

Just started today

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Long time

Answered in 1 day by:
1/15/2018
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I'm dealing with the HP5280. It sounds like it's trying to print, but the paper is not loading, the wheel that rolls the paper is not descending to pick the paper up.

How old is the printer?

The printer is about 10 years old
I'm not paying 52$ for this old printer. just let me know if you can do something. I'm in a hurry to fix or replace for business reasons

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one. You can purchase a new one for around $50-$60 at a local electronics store such as Best Buy.

Thanks Harry. I thought as much. Take care my friend. Michael T.

You're welcome -- I apologize that I had to deliver the bad news to you. Please understand that we do not like to deliver bad news because our rating on the site is based on the feedback of our customers so bad news situations are difficult to deal with. Thankfully, a large majority of our customers are understanding that we are just messengers in the situation and do not take it out on the rating system.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Harry, Engineer