Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

My HP ENVY 5660 All-In-One has an error on the driver for…

Customer Question
My HP ENVY 5660...

My HP ENVY 5660 All-In-One has an error on the driver for the scanner. I've downloaded new drivers & software but the issue is still there. Just changed to DSL with a wireless connection but still can't print even though connected to the system./

Technician's Assistant: Is your printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

I've uninstalled and re-installed the printer a couple of times. Shows it's connected to the system but when I check the status of the printer all it shows is HP170F65 Scanner Driver is unavailable.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Tonight

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Printers
1/13/2018
Technician: Md. Sadique, Engineer replied 1 month ago
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

What is the operating system of your computer?

for e.g. Windows/Mac

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Windows 10

Please go to control panel > hardware and sound > view devices and printers > do you see your printer listed there?

In most cases, if you're getting a payment failure, it indicates your bank is blocking the payment. You can either go to your registered email and see an email from the bank requiring your approval or you can call the bank and tell them you approve this transaction.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It does not show the HP Envy 5660 but shows the device as HP170F65 (HP Envy 5660). Then it says Driver Not Available

Could you please try checking your email registered with your bank to see if you received any approval request for remote assistance?

It will be good if you can accept the secure remote assistance. I will remote into your computer and start working on the issue directly.

If it doesn't work out then we will continue troubleshooting via chat.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I've checked my email & nothing from credit card. Probably doesn't like the phone number being used. I re-entered the information so I know it's correct.

Okay, no problem. If you have any other payment option like paypal etc. you can try.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No that's my only method of payment. Guess we can't do any business then. You can cancel my account.

We will continue troubleshooting via this chat window if you're fine.

Please click this link to download the HP print and scan doctor: HP print and Scan doctor

Once downloaded run it and let me know if it generates an error message.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No I've have the HP Print & Scan Doctor and I've run it several times and it says everything is OK. I've been fighting with this for hours and I'm tired! Have to be up in four hours so I'm going to bed. Sorry it didn't work out.

Would you like to continue later?

If yes, then you can message me at your convenient time on this page to continue.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks but no. Shutting this all down. Will be away from home all day tomorrow so no sense in leaving it on.

No problem, thanks for using JustAnswer.

John, Computer Science Engineer