Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I used to be able to scan from my bizhub35 directly to my…

I used to be...

I used to be able to scan from my bizhub35 directly to my email. Now it doesnot work

Technician's Assistant: Are your device's other functions (printing, copying, scanning, etc.) working fine?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: When did this scanning issue begin?

After I disconnected for a few months and then reconnected

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Office Expert to know before I connect you?

Well can you help

Answered in 1 day by:
1/14/2018
Syseng
Syseng, Engineer

My name is David.

You need to select a default email provider and then it should start working.

Please let me know what software you use to manage your email and the name of the operating system on your computer and I can give you specific instructions on setting up your default email configuration.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the set up is not on my computer. I use gmail. The printer tells me that it can not complete the transaction.lisa

Ah, ok. Is the printer connected over wireless or cable directly to a router? If so then power down the router and unplug it from all power and wait for 5 minutes, then plug power back in and power it up again. Then power down the Bizhub35 and power it up again and test to see if the issue is resolved.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Nope did not fix. It still tells me scan tx failed.

Ok thanks. If you have access to the IP configuration screen on the Bizhub C35, then check the DNS IP address and gateway IP configured on your computer (assuming it is on the same private network) then make sure the Bizhub is configured with the same DNS IP address and gateway IP address and if not change the Bizhub IP addresses for DNS and gateway to match your computer then try again to scan to email.

If you have a Windows computer you can view the IP address information by clicking the Windows Start button then type

cmd

in the Search box then right click on the command terminal icon that appears in the search list and click Run as Administrator. In the command terminal type

ipconfig /all

and press Enter then note the DNS IP address and gateway IP address assigned to the network adapter your computer uses to connect to the network and Internet. Then enter the same DNS and gateway IP addresses into the Bizhub IP configuration and test to see if the issue is resolved.

If you need specific instructions on how to access the IP configuration of the Bizhub just let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay, I have the DNS and Gateway addresses. I can not figure out how to update the Bizhub configuration. Please help with that.
thanks, lisa

Ok, just a moment...

Do you have access to admin mode and the web page for the unit using its IP address?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Well, I can access the modem web page that the printer is connected to.

Ok, but not the printer itself?

If not do you have admin mode access to the printer?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do you think I should call dealer and have them walk me through it?

Just a moment - I will give you admin mode instructions....

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Well I do not see that I do or don't. The main screen is available and I should be able to get into it.

There is an admin password ***** will need to get into admin mode - do you have the password?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I think I did when they delivered it but dont anymore.

Then they probably included it with the documentation when they delivered the printer which is common practice. Do you still have the documentation?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I found it

Ok, great - just a moment...

To enter Admin mode do the following:

Select the Utility/Counter key
Select the down arrow key
Select Admin Settings
Enter the password ***** prompted
Select OK

Note that the password ***** be entered exactly and is case sensitive and three login failures will lock the admin mode screen, requiring a separate procedure to unlock it to try again.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am in
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Now what?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The IP address is 192.168.058, Gateway is 192.168.0.1. The modem IP address is 192.168.0.1, Gateway is 192.168.0.1. Do I have to have a static IP address for this to work? I only have 2 computers and one printer hooked up to this modem.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Unfortunately I need to head to a meeting. I will check later for your response. thanks, lisa

My apologies for the delay.

No, just need to change the DNS IP address to the DNS IP address specified above. The fields necessary to make the DNS change should display as well in the TCP/IP settings.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The DNS and Gateway address are the same from the computer as well at the Printer so what do I change?

In the TCP/P menu press the down arrow and select SMTP and make sure it is enabled. If enabled check the SMTP email settings to make sure they are correct. You can post them here so I can review if the email server is an external server such as Gmail and not one managed internally by your company.

Do you still need assistance?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is***@******.***

Is that the only email setting entered?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That is all I can find. This the one that displays when a scan is sent out. Is there somewhere in particular I need to look? I look thru all of the selections.

There should be email server options in there - I am looking for a screenshot I can post for you.

Syseng
Syseng, Engineer
Syseng
Syseng
Syseng, Engineer