Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

MMM...I prints my alignment page and it just looks smeared…

Customer Question
MMM...I prints my alignment...

MMM...I prints my alignment page and it just looks smeared and when I hit print it takes me to a fax page of some sorts

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Office Jet 4630

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your OfficeJet?

Just since I changed ink cartridges it seems

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I just got the computer out of the shop and come to think of it...that's when I started having trouble is when I got it home;

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

How much is this going to cost?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 day by:
1/11/2018
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 8 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

That did not help and I've already been charged for it

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

It did not work...and it won't let me print...it keeps sending me to the fax page..I have to go to work in 10 minutes...Please let me know what you would like for me to try next...It will take me awhile to get back to it...but I will...

how are you connecting to the printer? Via wireless or USB?

does that eliminate the $23 I already paid you?

Not sure what you are refering to, but please reply to my last question

USB....and it comes up to say for $39 I can have it done remotely

That is in addition..

Please connect the printer to a different USB port on the computer and then try to print to it.