Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Just purchased the WF4740. The inkwell is tucked to the far…

Customer Question
Just purchased the WF4740...

Just purchased the WF4740. The inkwell is tucked to the far right and I am unable to insert the cartridges because of a tab on the case that is blocking it. There should be a way to shift it toward the center. Please advise.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Epson WF4740

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your WF4740?

I just opened the carton. Brand new.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

It's te latest Mac OS.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
1/9/2018
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 6 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

The printer is brand new out of the box.
Is anyone there?

Ok - can you unplug the printer from the power supply while the printer is off and hold in the power button on it for 30 seconds.
Let me know done
Regards
Kris

Is anyone there?Done.

Yes did it help?

Is anyone there?Done.I don't know. Do I plug it back in?
Is anyone there?Done.I don't know. Do I plug it back in?I turned it on and the inktray still is on the far right. It did not move.

Hi

Okay, does it move when it boots up?

Thanks

Kris

No, it does not. And the window just shows a choice of language. Nothing I press has any effect.

OK - were was this purchased from?

What's the serial number of the unit?

It was purchased from Office Depot. sn: X2TS089530.

This is brand new yes?

Brand new!
Brand new!Doctors appointment. Back in 3 hours.

Okay let me know, I think it may be an RMA.

An RMA you say. Good thing I saved all the packing material.

Yes, it would not make sense for you to spend money on it If it is under full warranty.

what is my next move. Do I return it to the store? Will I get an RMA# ***** Epson? Or from you? I do not want to ship it to Epson. It's a large printer and it would be difficult for me because of my advanced age. What now?

I've sorted it all out for you.

Take it to the Office Depot store with the receipt and they will swap it out with a new one, on the spot and for free.

Let me know If there is any issues, but this is business as usual I suppose.

Note: Can you please rate me at the top so I am credited with my time, 5/5 gives me most credit and would be much appreciated. Thanks.