Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a new iMac with High Sierra 10.13.2. I down loaded…

Customer Question
I have a new...

I have a new iMac with High Sierra 10.13.2. I down loaded the latest drivers off the Canon website and MP Navigator Ex 2.0. I connected my CanoScan 8600F scanner. The computer does not recognize the scanner. The software states that I should check to see that it is plugged. The scanner works with an old iMac so I know the plug and connections work. Is there something I can do?

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your printer when you try to scan?

No. It is a stand alone scanner. It has no panel for an error message.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

This morning.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
1/9/2018
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 3 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

From the beginning of the year when I got the computer. The scanner does not show up on the computer.
No I don't want to securely connect. What is causing the problem. Is it the scanner's software or is it the iMac?

Can you give me the make and model of the scanner?

Also is it USB or Firewire?

The scanner is canoscan 8600F. It is connected by USB.
Are you still working on my problem? I need an answer.

It's hard to do any more tests without being able to connect.

What would you be fixing on the computer? What would you be looking for to test? I don't feel secure in allowing someone full access to my computer.

Okay no problem.

I am going to opt out so another expert can have a go at helping as I am out of ideas.

Someone will pick this up and you will be emailed.

Thanks

Kris

Technician: Richard, Technician replied 3 months ago
Richard, Technician

Hi there and welcome

Do you still require assistance for this?

Please let me know

What are the reasons a computer would not recognize that the Canoscan 8600F scanner is connected to it?

There can be a number of reasons.

Can you connect the scanner to a different USB port on the computer and then try to scan

Tell me if you can then scan please

Richard, Technician