Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My printer says ink system failure. I cant print! I put in a…

Customer Question
My printer says ink...

My printer says ink system failure. I cant print! I put in a new ink jet correctly and since then I can't print.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your printer?

D7460

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

It says, "Ink system has failed." Error

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Oxc18a0101

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
1/9/2018
Technician: Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager replied 6 months ago
Tech Ben
Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager
Experience: 15+ years of experience as an Information Systems Manager; responsible for overseeing computer and network systems, installation and maintenance, troubleshooting hardware and software issues, etc.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer.

I'm Kumar and I'll assist you today.

Can you please let me know how OLD the printer is ? Can you please execute the below steps.

Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.
Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
Press and HOLD the Power Button for 60 seconds.
Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.
If the product does not turn on by itself, press the Power button to turn it on.

Thanks,

Kumar

I did that and nothing changed. The screen still says "ink system has failed."

Okay. Lets try one more thing.

1- Unplug the printer from power source.
2- Open right side of printer (looking at the front).
3- Disconnect,by pulling gently, both white flat ribbon cables off the main Circuit Board.
4- Plug in power source and turn printer on. Wait till you get a error message and push "Ok".
5- Unplug power source.
6- Reconnect the flat ribbon cables by aligning and carefully pushing into the connectors on the main circuit board.
7- Plug in power source and turn printer on (Printer preparing occurred).

Thanks,

Kumar