Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I am trying to get my macbook pro to print using a secure…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to get my macbook pro to print using a secure pin on network printer

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Wifi

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I just added the driver a couple min ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I tried to follow this article, but did not find the security link when I print https://www.justanswer.com/mac-computers/2w7ej-input-password-xxxxx-konica-minolta-apple-os.html

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Printers
1/9/2018
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 1 month ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

May I know the make and model number of your printer?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
bizhub 364e konika minolta

Please watch the video below and follow the instructions t setup the printer on wireless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5z_oEv51T8

After setting up wireless, follow the instructions given below.

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) or Printers & Scanners.
  3. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.
  4. Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the Printers & Scanners. window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.
    Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
my issue is not with adding the printer, it is with the 4 digit security code that needs to be entered to print.

After setting up wireless properly on your printer, there is no need to enter the pin for printing. Please follow the instructions and let me know the result.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
my printer requires this security to Print. This is what I need to figure out on a mac as we have them all configured on PC.

Try the following pin.

1234567812345678

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
lol, you are not understanding. I have the pin, I need to find how to add the pin which is needed to security settings in the print setup. Here is an article with someone that has the same issue: https://www.justanswer.com/mac-computers/2w7ej-input-password-xxxxx-konica-minolta-apple-os.html .

I apologize that I am out of ideas. I will open the question for other experts.

Thank you.

Customer/p>