Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I'm trying to scan a docuement to my computer and after I…

Customer Question
I'm trying to scan...

I'm trying to scan a docuement to my computer and after I scan it I can't find where it went.

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your printer when you try to scan?

No, I get the message the scan is complete

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I have no idea

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No i think that's it.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/9/2018
Technician: Sheri, Expert replied 7 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Hi JACUSTOMER-9jmxj1zw,

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. Can you please provide the following details so I can further assist you:

• Is this on a Mac or PC?
  • What is the brand and model of your scanner?
  • Are you scanning from the computer or pushing the button to scan directly on the scanner?

Let me know so we can go to the next step.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

This is a HP PC connected to a HP photosmart Premium Prin-Fax-Scan-Copy Printer.

Thanks for the information. How are you launching the scan? From the scanner panel or from your computer?

I hit the scan button on my printer
are you still there?

Hi, yes I am here. Try scanning from your PC. Look for the HP utility for scanning. When you launch the process and scan, it will prompt you for a save location.