Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

We purchased a brand new HP AllinOne Computer and I am

Customer Question
We purchased a brand...

We purchased a brand new HP AllinOne Computer and I am trying to scan a document to my HP LaserJet PRo 8720. It only recognizes the old laptop name. How do I get it to recognize my new HP Allin One?

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your LaserJet when you try to scan?

When I select Scan, it does not have the name of my new computer. It only shows the old Dell laptop name on the screen.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

The HP printer is relatively new. Just bought it several months ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, not at this time

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/9/2018
Technician: Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician replied 3 months ago
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. Have you installed the printer's software / driver on your new computer yet?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

The HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 All-in-One Printer series Full Feature Software and Drivers is at the website below:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-officejet-pro-8720-all-in-one-printer-series/7902032/swItemId/bi-158263-3

- Then you can scan from the printer. And/of if needed, you can use the program HP Scan, or program HP Printer Assistant, or program HP Laserjet... on the computer for scanning.

And here are the instructions on how to scan:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-8720-all-in-one-printer-series/7902032/document/c03466081

- How is it going?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician