Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a Canon Printer/scanner model MG5300 - how do I clean…

Customer Question
I have a Canon...

I have a Canon Printer/scanner model MG5300 - how do I clean the printer heads - I'm getting a clear line through the print.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your MG5300: wirelessly or by USB?

USB mostly - ken

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

When I purchased it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
1/9/2018
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed with any troubleshooting,please once unplug your printer from the wall outlet wait for 2 minutes and plug it back in.
Let me know when this is done.

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago
  1. Make sure that the power is turned on.
  2. Hold down the Stop button until the Alarm lamp flashes orange twice, then release it immediately.
  3. The machine starts cleaning the print head.
  4. The cleaning will be complete when the ON lamp lights green after flashing.
  5. Do not perform any other operations until the machine completes the cleaning of the print head. This takes about 1 to 2 minutes.
  6. Check the print head condition.
  7. To check the print head condition, print the nozzle check pattern.
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago

Try to then examine the nozzle pattern.

2. Load a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the front tray.
  3. Open the output tray extension, open the paper output tray, then extend the paper output support.
  4. Hold down the Stop button until the Alarm lamp flashes orange once, then release it immediately.
  5. The nozzle check pattern will be printed.
  6. Do not perform any other operations until the machine completes the printing of the nozzle check pattern.
  7. Examine the nozzle check pattern.