Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Support Code 1403. The type of print head is incorrect.

Customer Question
Support Code 1403. The...

Support Code 1403. The type of print head is incorrect. Install the correct print head.
This message has unexpectedly appeared after 3 weeks of inactivity, despite me using genuine Canon ink tanks e.g. CLI-651XL <Y> Yellow.

Technician's Assistant: Is your Canon printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Yesterday but didn't fix

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
1/9/2018
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Hi Harry. My name is ***** ***** yes I still need help. (We have a time difference here. I'm in Australia).
The error message appears when the printer is turned on so I can't do any tasks on it, including scanning.
I've already paid $46 using PayPal.

How old is the printer?