Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I'm trying to connect my printer HP ENVY 5660 to my Dell…

Customer Question
I'm trying to connect...

I'm trying to connect my printer HP ENVY 5660 to my Dell Inspiron 3668 - In settings - Add a printer the HP Envy 5660 shows up as being in error status. Can't find what the error might be.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

USB

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

A few minutes ago - but maybe I'm not updating it in the right place?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I'm wondering if maybe my HP printer isn't compatible with a Dell PC

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
1/8/2018
Technician: Karthik, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you please tell me what is the operating system of the computer? (Like Windows 10/8/7)