Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I can't print. An error code appears in the printer display…

Customer Question
I can't print....

I can't print. An error code appears in the printer display screen - it reads error code 6A00. I have a Canon model MX 850.

Technician's Assistant: Is your Canon printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

Yes.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I don't remember

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
1/8/2018
Technician: Karthik, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

To try and resolve the 6A00 error, we will want to ensure that no paper jams or obstructions exist in the printer. To do this, please follow the steps below:

ASF / Paper Output Slot

1. Turn off the printer.

2. Remove paper from the ASF.

3. Gently pull the jammed paper out.

1. If paper is visible from the paper output slot, use both hands to pull the paper out slowly.

2. If paper is visible from the ASF, use both hands to pull the paper out slowly.

4. If the paper tears and a piece of that remains inside the printer, open the scanning unit (printer cover) and remove the paper from inside the printer.
    Note : Be careful not to touch the components inside the printer.

5. Turn on the printer and confirm that the Alarm light is off.
    (If the jammed paper remains in the printer, the paper may be automatically ejected.)

6. Load paper back into the ASF.

7. Press <OK> to clear the message and continue printing. If you are printing from an application software, follow the instructions displayed on your computer. Check if that helps to clear the error message.

No paper jam

Let us try this following steps,

• Open the machine and remove the ink cartridges then look inside with a flash light and make sure nothing is in the path of the carriage.
  • Then turn off the machine and wait 30 seconds. Turn it back on and wait for the insert cartridge message.
  • Then reinsert the cartridges into the machine.
  • Then move the cradle back and forth a few times manually by hand.
  • Then close the cartridges access door and turn the machine off.
  • Then unplug it and wait 10 minutes.
  • After 10 minutes plug it back in and turn it on.

Sometimes the steps we have just done will reset it. However when it does not 6A00 means that the print head has failed and needs to be replaced. The print head is the part of the machine you insert the cartridges into. Unfortunately replacing this can sometimes cost more than replacing the machine itself so I would get a price on it first. If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you